Why is my Toilet Leaking?
If you have a water leak in your bathroom, chances are that it may be your toilet. Toilet leaks are one of the most common reasons for leaks in the home. We have compiled a list of the most common reasons why your toilet may be leaking, to help you avoid this problem.
- Cracked tank: The tank is the part of your toilet system where the water flows into the bowl when you flush. This is a common problem and could be something as simple as replacing the lid, to the complete replacement of your toilet.
- Cracked bowl: A cracked toilet bowl is a very serious problem, and can do serious damage to your property. If you notice any cracks, your toilet has to be replaced immediately to prevent any further damage.
- Rusty pipe: Many parts of your toilet are constantly under water so rust development is a very common problem, leading to a leaky toilet.
- Wax seal: If you notice that puddles of water are forming around the base of your toilet, it could be the wearing of the wax seal causing your toilet to leak. You can purchase replacement wax from hardware stores or hire a professional plumber to do the job for you.
- Sweaty bowl: Yes, your toilet bowl can sweat. This is caused by the cooler toilet water interacting with warm air in the environment, causing condensation to occur, Surprisingly, a problem like this can cause a LOT of water to form in your bathroom. If this problem isn’t dealt with immediately, it can cause a lot of problems in the future.
- Leaky valve:This leak occurs when the valve linking your toilet to your bathroom is leaking. The bolts which bind your toilet to the floor need to be tightened or in some cases, you may need a new wax gasket.
If your toilet is leaking, the best thing to do it to call a professional plumber immediately to take care of the problem for you. Hilton Plumbing is a family-run business in Perth, Western Australia. If you are experiencing problems with your plumbing, please contact us for friendly and professional service.